Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a note from Cindi

Reached the halfway point in treatment today. 4 down, 4 to go. Each one gets more challenging to manage: more nausea, severe heartburn, really really tired a lot. And my eyes have been affected too. BUT the doc has provided more meds to help alleviate the discomforts along the way. So I am hopeful that this latest treatment will be better than the last one, if only because I can keep myself better hydrated. As I was walking the dogs through a meadow tonight, I couldn't help but marvel at this thought: Emmanuel, God with us. As I struggle through this season of my journey, I am comforted by the knowledge that God "gets" my infirmities, and is my source of strength in my hour of need.
I love how Paul puts it in Hebrews 4: "14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[f] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Thanks so much for your support, encouraging notes, visits, food... The love shared with us in this way is an expression of God's grace to Pete and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment