Friday, December 14, 2012

Here we are...

Well, here we are at the end of the first and worst part of this journey. Cindi graduated today with a certificate and everything. As we were finished dinner and cleaning up, she looked at her graduation certificate from the chemo centre and said that this was probably the most significant grad document she had ever received. It was a mixture of emotions today. I was happy and yet stressed. I wanted everything to go well and I was spending the day at work getting everything done so I could take the next 2 weeks and simply be with Cindi through the final healing from her sessions. Late in the day she sent me this photo and I knew that we had passed a milestone of sorts.
I texted her and told her how beautiful she was and that she was my hero. Family and friends...you have been amazing throughout this journey and we know it has not been easy on you. What is next? Well... a time of rest and healing from the cure (the chemo). Cindi is still dealing with the virus that evolved during this process and continues on those meds. There is danger of that spreading and it is still serious. Yet we look forward to a new year, a quiet January and then radiation for 4 weeks.
Time to breathe now and hope that the worst is over and it is a new day. So yes, here we are...grateful, happy, hopeful and holding each others hand. Psalm 91:4 says this, "He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." That is my prayer for my wife as we journey ahead. Peace and grace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment