Monday, October 22, 2012

...a post from Cindi

A tribute to my husband: Since the BC diagnosis, so many things have changed. Life has been interrupted in so many ways, big and small. From being off work, (big change) to struggling on some days to just make a cup of tea, my daily life has its ups and downs. However, there has been one constant along the way: the love and support of my husband. He has told me over and over again "I am here with you. I am not going anywhere." And then he sets about the many tasks that I can't do on certain days. That cup of tea to settle my roiling stomach? Made. Floor needs vacuuming? No problem. Dusting, preparing for visitors, making meals, walking the dogs.... All done with such love and tenderness and concern. I worry about the big load he is shouldering between the demands of work, home and now caring for a spouse with serious limitations some days....and I am so grateful he is here. What would I do without this wonderful guy?! So please join me today in sending him some encouraging words...Cindi

1 comment:

  1. Pete, you are a rock, and Cindi,you are so brave and stoic. You two are clearly so great for each other. God's love and peace on you both and may you continue to experience His joy in the midst of this struggle, praising Him in the storm. I can imagine that some days, it's hard to find it possible to praise, and yet you do (your FB posts and blog posts are witness to it) - you are both inspiring!

    ReplyDelete