Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ever have days like this?

Love our life and all the ups and downs of it.
Cindi is doing well and has bounced well this second time. A little achy and still having periods of nausea but all in all a little better than expected. Pushing forward to the 3rd treatment next Wednesday. Meals from friends have been awesome. One night we had a delivery of salmon, quinoa and veggies. Excellent! Nice to come home and find food warm and ready for us. Pretty wonderful.
So Friday I got up earlier because I was on call at work. Walked out the bedroom and stepped in some liquid. Turning the light on and stepping back to see what was there. I stepped in something a little more substantial which stuck to the bottom of my bare foot. And yes! Our little Sammy had been considerate and not woken us up in the middle of the night to "GO" outside and had done his business in the house at the door of the bedroom. Not good! Pretty gross! Great way to start the day! I got everything cleaned up off the floor and my foot but couldn't get the sensation of it off for a few hours. Got up, did my thing, let the Quail and Chickens out into their pens and went to work only to discover a big clump of quail doodoo stuck to the knee of my jeans. Pretty crappy start to the day for sure. Made me smile. The rest of the day was good. Then... today is Saturday and it has already been another unique day and it's only 3pm. It started at Midnight. Poor Jake - our blonde monster got into something yesterday so starting at about midnight, he demanded to go out EVERY 90 minutes to poop! He's got a bad case of the squirts! Not good. Cindi did the overnight shift (I thought the fresh air would be good for her - I know I'm heartless) and I took over at 6am. Pretty gross.
Then after getting up late (10ish) went out to do the chickens and Quail, clean out and get eggs. Behind me, Cindi let the dogs out. I gathered chicken eggs and then cleaned out their hutch. When I turned around Harley - our big gentle monster - had eaten two of the three eggs I gathered! And was he ever a happy camper! I was not. Then off for some errands. The post office was open but their computers were down so that was a useless visit. They sent me to another Shoppers Drugmart which didn't have a post office outlet - useless again. They in turn sent me to a mall - not my favorite place on a Saturday and it took me 25 minutes to find the stupid postal outlet because people kept sending me to the wrong place - nice. Finally got that done and then headed off to the Vet. On the way got stuck on the 401 in traffic! 30 more minutes to go 1 kilometre. Got to the vet - spent $250 - for meds for Harley and booked an appointment for Jake and his squirts. While I'm standing at the vet desk, Jake runs by outside! Car's locked, windows are only open about 3 inches! How is this possible? O yeah. Left the sun roof open - great!
So now it's three in the afternoon. It's got to get better. I'm not going to go anywhere for the rest of the day - safer that way! I do love my life, an i do love my wife and the realness of it all. I love my dogs and our little cottage on the river and frankly, I love the stupid things that happen here.
Ever have days like this? Feel free to comment and share. Love to hear your stories.

1 comment:

  1. haha, awesome!! sounds fun these stories. love the new pics too. the hats r really nice :)

    ReplyDelete