Monday, September 10, 2012

perspective in the mess

Yesterday was our "kick-off" event at our church. It was an awesome day! I was really content being a part of a community that is pulling together so well in the midst of some drastic changes. That is something I really celebrate.
I think that it is in the midst of turmoil that people's true colours can be seen. I saw our leaders step up and make some great decisions and lead so well. I watched as youth and parents began the journey of this season, focused on their children, celebrating their leaders and clearly grasping the vision for our youth who will be discipled into a world that so drastically needs the hearts of Jesus expressed through them...and through us.
The "mess' can be something we avoid at all cost. We might smooth it over, we might hope it simply goes away. We may avoid and complain and worry ourselves into or a frenzy - or - we might step into it relying on the grace and love that is ours.
I was talking with my friend Ralph yesterday after a presentation and we spoke briefly about perspective. In this season of mess, it becomes very clear what is important and what is not. My love and affection for Cindi has become crystal clear. My love and affection for Jesus, the leader of my church and Lord of my life, has become crystal clear. It is scary to think that in the midst of turmoil, it is then I can have some clarity of purpose and once again see the paths I am asked to go down. So be it.
This is the journey. This is Kingdom walking at it's finest. In a broken world where I can share brokenness with others I welcome the clarity of clear perspective.
May each of us find our own turmoil and, in turn, the clarity of reliance on God. May each of us suffice with His grace. I believe it is an ocean of grace He bathes us in ... so let's go for a swim - for a long time.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment